Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Translate: Omaera Zenin Mendokusai 2: A Monster Appears (モンスター 現る)




This is what I'm currently working on. I've been up 'til 4 in the morning just to get a page and a quarter done. A lot of work too. My eyes are super strained right now.



I've started translating it today and I have gotten to 3 pages. The third page is still in the process of translation. As I see characters, I write them down and look up they pronunciation. It's a really time consuming thing to do for a guy who hasn't memorized Hiragana and Katakana. As if, that wasn't enough to slow me down, the number of Kanji per page is too many!!! How do I combat those damn Kanjis? Well, I go to a Kanji Dictionary lookup site, look at the furigana and then try to type the english equivalent of the syllable. Tons of searching and google translating, here is the result of me sleeping way past my sleep schedule.

Page 1
Page 2

Raws.

What do you think about the translation? Are they crappy? They're supposed to be, because I'm not a translator that has a lot of experience like those guys you read on "here," "stream" or "fox," I'm doing the best I can. What do you think about my translating job? Let me know of your thoughts about this thing I'm doing here. Hope that you like! I'll be translating more now. Mata!



No comments:

Post a Comment