Friday, May 23, 2014

Weekly! Fuuka 11: In a Loud Voice (大きな声で![Ōkina koe de!])

Yuu, Fuuka and Mikasa arrive peaceful at Shōnan and were immediately put to work by the Southwind's manager. Yuu gets scolded by the manager for not speaking loud enough to say the order. Fuuka saves the day by saying that she wants to hear more of his voice. He grows a pair and yells with all his heart but that effort ended poorly.

Shukkan Shonen Magazine 20-2014
Previously on: Fuuka 10: Yuu reminisces about his childhood and his promise with Tama-chan. Fuuka decides that she wants to form a band with Yuu and Mikasa but learns that a large sum of money is needed to buy instruments. Their homeroom teacher suggests that they work for her friend in Shōnan which is incidentally, where Tama-chan is shooting her next music video!

Spoiler Alert! If you are gonna read this post, please read the actual manga first!

Summary: Fuuka, Mikasa and Yuu are currently working at Southwind--a beach dinner. Fuuka and Mikasa work smoothly but since our main character is a shy person, he just becomes a burden. Yuu's shyness robbed him of his voice and every time he tells the manager about an order, he gets scolded for not saying it loud and clear. What made it worse is when the customers decided to change their order and Yuu told about the order change in an inaudible level for the manager to hear. That mistake costs him a label of "a burden" in the manager's eyes.

I translated this just to give my version of the dialogue.
Yuu is ousted to sort out his own mind. Fuuka, using her usual treatment to Yuu, saves him by spraying him with water. He cranks his voice to reply in an angry tone, which was apparently Fuuka's goal all along. As if to provide more support, Fuuka confesses that she wants to hear more of his voice since she likes it. Yuu grows more confident and comes back to the store, shouting at the top of his lungs; "Two orders of cold Udon." He somewhat gains the trust of the manager with it but during the whole situation, he gets struck with heatstroke. The good thing about it though is that he gets to sleep in Fuuka's lap; just like a real couple.

Douchebad Tenchou
Likes: This is a tangent but it's still depicted in the manga so I'm gonna talk about it: the Japanese way to display affection/things that Japanese couples do. That lap pillow/boyfriend resting his head on his girlfriend's lap, is kind of sweet in a way. Japanese media made it into a big deal and I get that since it's a mild invasion of privacy kind of thing. I still don't get the literal lap pillow though-the pillow that's shaped like a woman's lap. Another thing I like is the cleaning of ears. It's all romantic!

I'm assuming he has a big, bed voice because...
Dislikes: The feeling of sympathy for a character because you share the same trait as him. It just makes it seem like everything is so easy when it's hard to do in real life. I can just see myself messing up like this and never recovering from it because I don't have "real" friends.

he can make girls wet.
The manager. Although I get it why he would have a hard time hearing Yuu, I still think he's a bit too hard on him. If I'm not mistaken, this is the first time Yuu has ever have a job and that makes him less confident in himself. I just wish he would cut him slack.

Yuu is the one who needs to "chill"
Quirks: Mikasa, the chick magnet who likes dudes. He gets hit on a lot since he's a bishounen but he just flat out rejects them since he sways that way. I guess he's kind of the same with Yasunobu (Suzuka) except for their sexual preferences.

Puru-puru... 
Please, please. I'm only doing my job as a reviewer. What? OH, those weren't your cheers? I'M SORRY FOR BEING INACTIVE. I've just been really lazy ever since classes ended. I just want to get my "mojo" back. Anyway, enjoy this really short review! (It's short for me. Your argument is invalid!) Ja ne!

No comments:

Post a Comment