Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Now Reading 7: Wagatsuma is My Wife! (我妻さんは俺のヨメ [Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome])

Been a while hasn't it? Sorry about that! I will catch up with all of the weekly post I need to do and more. I've freed up some time to post more stuffs for yous guys! Please give this a read!






When the love of your life is named "Ai Wagatsuma," you should expect that she'll become your wife, as her name says (Ai = Love, Waga Tsuma = My Wife). Our main character; Aoshima Hitoshi, is a high schooler who can time travel. Okay, let's lessen that and make it, "temporary time travel ala Hououin Kyouma." Just read the first two paragraphs and I promise you, I will convince you to read this! If not, you get your time back. Seriously! I'll pay you in dream time!


Sorry for not posting for a while. I'm really bogged down by my courses in college. Sorry about that. I hope you didn't all lose faith in me. Come back my dear readers! Come back! Baby, come back!


Summary: Aoshima Hitoshi, a sophomore in high school is the cliche loser guy protagonist without any redeeming qualities. As you all know, every person has an ambition and a dream but his dream is a unique one; he marries the school idol; Wagatsuma Ai. She's the whole package, nice, collected, shy, sexy, cute and everything you want in a girl! She's the ideal girl who everyone wants to be with but she's unreachable! How can Aoshima dream of reaching such a far-fetched idea? Easy! He can time slip. Wait... WHAT?!

He can time slip.
Okay, before I explain more of his powers, let me introduce you to his friends and his group. First we have Komatsu, a medium-buff guy whose only strength lies in his grades in P.E. Second is Itou, a fat guy who is the epitome of pervert is a hidden camera master. Then we have the whole gang called DX Brigade which sole purpose lies in hating everything about the "life-havers." The DX Brigade consists of (these are all codenames BTW) Electric Eel, Matrix-2 and Fuji-Q.

They are promising each other that they'll get laid on the same day, month and year.
One night, while Aoshima was asleep, he was dreaming about a mature Ai waking him up. In his bed, wearing pajamas, trying to wake him up. Aoshima looks at the calendar to see that the year is 2022 (I'm pretty sure it's 2022 because it's 10 years in the future and this was published in 2012). He was so close to having his "morning kiss" when he woke up to his sister; Hikari's call.

I love Yandere girls.
He has these (what he calls) "Time Slips" which is a sort of temporary time travel. It's like a dream that happens even when he's half-awake, but this dream is the "future" he has. If you've watched Steins;Gate, it would make so much sense. He goes through these time slips and creates time paradoxes to avoid a certain future. It's like the "D-Mail" in Steins;Gate, where Okabe Rintarou sends a text message to change the future. Aoshima does the exact same thing, only, within his own timeline. Sometimes, the present throws him a challenge that changes his future; like having a different wife instead of Wagatsuma-san.

I'm not fond of maids, I just like ero-mags in general.
There are more characters introduced in later chapters and it goes into a serious route instead of its origin of "comedy/gag."

Likes:
  1. The character line up: We have different characters in this series but we'll focus on the DX Brigade because they are the funniest bunch of losers! Let's start with Electric Eel. He's the kind of otaku who always complains about his merchandise that he recently bought. He's not afraid to get mean when he's on the phone. Next, Matrix-2: A lolicon who specifically only likes girls who are 9 below. He aspires to be a grade school teacher so he can potentially **********************. (Sorry, I just had to censor the whole thing.) The last one is Fuji-Q who is nothing special (except for his eating habits and his obsession with Onigiri [rice balls with dried seaweed on them, usually has some meat inside].) He prefers mature women.
    She's a foreigner. No kidding. Look at those jugs. She reminds me of Rachel Kisaragi from All you need is Kill.
  2. The art style. It's that of a typical comedy manga. It's more of a shounen manga in that sense. If I were to compare them to manga I have read; I would say it looks like GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka and Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad (pretty much, Tohru Fujisawa and Harold Sakuishi). The art varies too because it's a comedy manga. There's even a chapter where it references Attack on Titan!
    Let me introduce you to Komatsu.
  3. The references. This manga uses some stand-up comedy tricks, impression of famous people and lines from different kinds of media. I don't know much about the Japanese visual culture or their politics but I can see how they tie the jokes with references.There are different manga series referenced here too. 
  4. The arcs that matter: the girls falling for Aoshima. I love the serious arcs that they put into this manga. It's just a subgenre but still, when the mangaka puts it in, it's so beautiful! I'm having the feels of I"s (Aizu) again! Throughout the manga, they introduce more girls that slowly fall for Aoshima. I really like (let's hide her name since it's not gonna be a spoiler if I did) R.I. arc because she was the nerd-but-cute (if you fix her up) kind of girl. If Aoshima wasn't madly in love with Wagatsuma, I would "ship" both of them because SHE JUST LOOKS SO KAWAII!!!
She's cute. She looks similar to Shasta Raylle of All you need is Kill.
As of writing this, I have already caught up with the manga. It's kind of sad to see this series go so fast because I would've love to read more of it. Some arcs are stupid but I still really like the main story line. That's it for this now reading. It's been 3 months since I posted one of these. Hopefully it'll make you understand what I'm currently reading. I'll have more soon, then I'll have to do a weekly post for them.

Thanks for reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment