Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Wishlist: Attack on Titan

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?! BUY THE MANGA ALREADY!" is what you would say after seeing the title. Let's see, the anime really went well and it satisfied the hype, it also promoted the already famous manga. The first volume came out back in 2012 and I can say that it's pretty new and the only way I can get those volumes are through buying them NEW. People wouldn't sell them yet because it's still ongoing and it's a pretty epic title. As you know, I'm a cheapskate and I only buy used (except for the overstocks).


Attack on Titan Volume 1


I read the chapters online through scanlations and I know that that's not good because I'm not supporting the mangaka (Hajime Isayama). Trust me, a lot of people have bought the physical volumes already that me not buying the stuff can compensate for that. Still, it's a bad thing but what can I do? I won't spend $10+ per volume because I think that, that is expensive. I can work as an appraiser for books because I know how to price these manga.

The main story is about humanity's fight against it's *natural predator, the Titans. The people that are currently living inside the **walls do not know much about the origin of Titans or why they feed on humans. The people inside the walls have not seen a Titan in approximately 100 years. One day, a ***colossal Titan kicks the gate and Titans started to pour inside the ****Shingansha District. Our main character Eren sees her mother, trapped under what once was their house and proceeds to save her. Misfortune falls unto them as she was eaten alive by a Titan and Eren swears to kill every last one of them.

*Present humans are not part of the food chain anymore and thus we do not have a natural predator.
**The walls are (from outermost to innermost) Maria, Rose & Shina. Wall Maria is 50 meters tall and the other two are built higher.

The walls.

***The colossal Titan is higher than 50 meters with it's head poking out of wall Maria.
****There are districts that are located outside the walls and the people living there act as bait for the Titans.

That's the synopsis of Attack on Titan based on what I've read. I left out a lot of stuff so as to not spoil anything. It's an emotional title and you really feel like humanity will never survive like this. I can't even begin to explain this. It's too good to give readers a short way to tell them about the title.

So many feels!

This will be on my wishlist for a while because I might only get my hands on the used ones after 2 years or so, after the manga has died down in popularity but that might be longer. Anyway, this is a short one because you would probably know more about this.

Have a happy new year everybody! See you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment