Thursday, January 2, 2014

Manga in the Mail: 12

Previously in... MANGA IN THE MAIL. Arisa said, "What a Wonderful World!" I hope you catch that because those two are both manga titles! Yes! Arisa by Natsumi Ando and What a Wonderful World! by Asano Inio. The later will be today's subject!

What a Wonderful World Volume 1 & 2

What is this title all about? Well, this is a Viz Signature title and the mangaka is really famous for his work Solanin and this title. I saw this, I remembered a user of a video sharing site recommending the mangaka's works so I went for it and what have I got to lose? I'm still craving for more slice-of-life titles so I picked this one up.


I'm really collecting every Viz Signature title that has come out. Before it was named Viz Sig, it was Sig Ikki. The magazine from Japan is named Ikki and the volumes that were launched in this magazine were label Ikki Comix. Most of the Viz Signature manga were from this line but they completely redesigned the website and the line of manga.

The Viz Signature series (for me) are the closest thing to literature. It's not reading manga, it's reading literature with the expression of action within a panel. They aren't like the usual Shonen Jump titles, they are the top of the line work. Anyway, to conclude, the Viz Sig series are feels inducing masterpieces. (If I could only have all of them *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*, I'm talking to you Viz!)

Sorry this is a really shallow look at a possible masterpiece of a work but if I have stumbled upon a gold mine, then I would share it all with you (by making a review of course!).

For some reason I'm filled with a lot of feels. Maybe it's the energy drink that's kicking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment