Sunday, April 13, 2014

Weekly! Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome 77: How About This

A new arc! Ai Wagatsuma is interested in the newly hired math teacher?! How will Aoshima fix the present to have that ideal future?! Also, the start of this chapter is about a show host (which I assume is from late night) retiring after hosting the show for 30+ years. It's weird that they put that there but I guess that guy is a big influence for the both mangaka.

Shonen Magazine 19 2014
I decided to pick this series up since I like it and I think it's funny and I kind of learn more about the Japanese Visual Culture (TV) through it. Whatever. Just go ahead and skip it if you want.

Previously on: Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome 76: The Kaji-sensei arc ends with her ending up with Fuji-Q. His hook is his cooking ability that won over Kaji-sensei's son (his son does not eat vegetables). His future is now secured with Kaji-sensei.

Spoiler Alert! If you are gonna read this post, please read the actual manga first!

Summary: The new year of high school springs up to them. Aoshima looks at the class assignment and finds that most of his class last year are in his class again. Unfortunately, he does not find Wagatsuma Ai's name in the class roster. He overhears his female classmates talking about how lucky Ai-chan is to be a part of the "Science Class" (the gathering of the cream of the crop).

The students come to the school orientation and the school principal announces a new teacher. He introduced himself as the new math teacher and the homeroom teacher for class 3-A; (関 文夫) Fumio Seki.
According to Aoshima, he looks like an actor named; (船越英一郎) Funakoshi Eiichiro. Aoshima then looks at Wagatsuma and sees a flushed girl looking straight forward.

Likes: It's a new arc about Wagatsuma Ai! Aoshima's been in a rut after his break with Wagatsuma and he's been thrown into this weird klutz who has "Lucky Sexy" time every chance she gets. I'm just glad we're back in action and not in a weird relationship. BTW, Kaji-sensei has 2 or 3 kids now and she's bound to get more from different men throughout her years.

Dislikes: The first 1/3 of the chapter is a tribute to a host of a late night show. I know he might be a big influence to the mangaka but I really did not get that and therefore I did not like it.

How did Wagatsuma end up in a low class in her 2nd year when she could have been in the highest class? I don't get it maybe this is to get away from the source of the pain (the break-up with Aoshima).

Quirks: Is the new teacher really that good-looking? I mean, he looks okay, like an aged actor but nothing flashy.

Predictions: Tying my thought up with the quirks, I think that Ai is worried about something else and not that new teacher but since she watches a lot of overly dramatic soap operas and has weird tastes in actors, the idea is not far-fetched. I'm thinking that she has an emergency (either she has an upset stomach or she's cramping so bad).

So how's the first chapter of this series? I think it's an average series but I feel like I need to review more of these short chapters. Well, I'm gonna pump more of these, especially Fuuka since I think I'm 3 chapters behind. Sorry for rambling, じゃね!

No comments:

Post a Comment