Friday, July 4, 2014

Series Review: Kono S o, Mi yo! Look at this S (このSを、見よ [Kono S o, miyo])

What if you had a curse/blessing (depending on how you see it) that make the opposite sex crave for you? To men, a tempting offer but to women, a curse. This story tells the situation of an adult male having a birthmark on his bum that has the power to make women crave for him in a sexual way. The catch? The women must still have their period or else, it won't work. How does it get "turned off"? The woman just needs to have sex with the guy to avoid further sexual frustrations and wet panties. Still with me? Good! Let's review this!

Kono S o, Mi yo! Volume 1
The mangaka; Kitazaki Taku, has been published with multiple titles since the late 80s. I don't know much about the guy but from what I can see (which is barely scratching the surface), he's drawn a lot of ecchi stuff. I don't have anything special to say since I haven't read anything from him except for this title. I will read the stories "prequel" because this story is unique. I'll get to it. Just click that "READ MORE" and hope you'll be satisfied with this review.

Spoiler Alert! If you are gonna read this post, please read the actual manga first!

Warning! This title contains mature themes and nudity. 18+

Summary: Usuda Rin is a 22 year old apprentice patisserie on his childhood friend's; Makoto, family business. He has a tribal tattoo-like "birthmark" on his left butt cheek and this birthmark holds a certain power. When a woman--a female who can still have her period--sees his birthmark, she will desire Rin's body, specifically; they need to have sex with Rin badly. The thing is, he's a virgin and he does not know how what happens during sex.

This is Rin's actual buttcheek.
Enough about Rin's birthmark, let me tell you about his love life. He has been in love with his neighbor, Izumiya Chizuru, their town hospital's Gynecologist. She's a 30 year old virgin who wants to be married but has some secrets that hinders her from getting married. Like any other thing, there is a catch to this, Chizuru sees Rin as a little brother. How will Rin get her attention? Will he use his birthmark to get her?

Gynecologist or not, she is a hot.
Art: Josei with a shonen-ish touch. I really see this as a josei style, I don't know why. It might be with the good portrayal of a 30 year old woman and all of that stuff. Maybe it's because the characters are older than the usual shonen characters. I think it's the small details that make me feel like it's a josei.

Professional look is always better.
Story: At first I was iffy about it since it's a story about this awkward birthmark and the first volume was really slow. Then I got to volume two, it started to get interesting because he finally had sex with someone. Yes, I picked this manga up because it was an ecchi title.

Girls are douchebags.
The story only got more interesting as it went on because slowly we learn more about these characters what drives them to do things and how far one person will go just to reach the one they truly love. As you can probably tell, this is a seinen series. The art may look josei but this is indeed a seinen. The series focuses on Rin's adult love for Chizuru who is much, much older than him. When you talk about a 30 year old woman, you should know that this subject will include mature themes.

This is Sigmund Freud's idea of "PENIS ENVY."
Characters: First of all, I would to acknowledge the well-written villains here; includes Takako Washio, Ohtori-sensei and Rin's father. Takako is just the right amount of evil, the average person would probably as evil as her. Then you have Ohtori-sensei, him.... he's evil alright. He knows how to get in your nerves and I appreciate characters who can just get into your skin that you just want them to get what they deserve, an uppercut from a heavyweight boxer and a throat kick from the Bruce Lee.

I swear this is not Human Centipede.
Second, the cast of main characters, they are good too. Makoto is the childhood friend who doesn't fall in love with our main character. I had my share of "Osananajimi's" but I never saw them as love interests or anything more than a playmate. She didn't grow feelings for Rin and she sees a hypothetical marriage between her and Rin as a huge joke that her parents want to come true. She's a good character.

Smooth Rin. REEEEAAAAL SMOOOTHH.
Chizuru-sensei is understandable as a character, she has the mind of an adult who can see things more than their face value. She acts like her age but since she's so reserved, when she actually lightens up, she's more like a kid. Her heart is that of a teenage girl though.

You play Chess, naked.
Rin is the typical young guy who is new to the adult world so he's a bit immature and really can't reach Chizuru's level of thinking. For me, he's still like a teenage boy since he's never really gone to college to learn about adult stuff like taxes, owning a home, or other stuff.

The heroines. Not the drug okay?
Bottomline: Read it. I love it even though it's still incomplete (translators need to work on the chapters). I got emotional and had a ton of fun reading the series. It has a lot of twists and turns that will keep you from reading and it's not just about Rin's sexual encounters. Females might be offended by the content and the "objectification" of women but it really is a good series inside. It's just one of those series you want to marathon because you always want to know what will happen on the next chapter.

SUPER CENSORED
Addicting Level: 8/10

I've been really busy with my youtube account and all my live reactions. The video rendering part is what is killing me because it takes 2 hours on average just to render a 30 minute video. Anyway, I'm just glad that I get to review this series. Since it's been a long time since I've written anything, this is more like my comeback post. Expect more weekly posts. I'll try not to be so hung up on my videos and actually write stuff while my videos are rendering. I'm sorry guys. Anyway, thanks for reading! See you guys next time, Ja ne!

CUPCAKES are douchebags.




No comments:

Post a Comment