Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Manga in the Mail: 19

So here's 15 volumes of a shoujo series I ordered recently. I was inspired by the anime so I bought this lot for cheap and most of them are in very good condition. Awesome sauce! Here's the scary part: the cover art is full of bishounen! (bi [bee] comes from bijin meaning beautiful woman, so they combined it with shounen and we get beautiful boys!)


The Wallflower Volumes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 & 15

Errr, I can explain this! No, it's not what your thinking! I'm not that!



The Wallflower: (by Tomoko Hayakawa) is a manga about a girl who gave up taking care of herself as a lady. A lady usually takes care of her skin, her hair, her overall looks, her acts, her manners and her presence. Our protagonist though, Sunaka Nakahara, turned herself into a Hikikomori who loves horror, is friends with a biology skeleton and an anatomy dummy, a lot of pimples, scared of beautiful people. Why did she go through this phase? Well, according to her story, she was rejected by a guy she has a crush on and the guy commented that she was ugly. That turned her world into darkness and now, her Aunt has a plan to restore this girl into a proper lady!

4 guys, 1 mansion, surviving each day without any proper meal, they are currently living in Sunako's Aunt's mansion. Her husband died years ago and she's living as a free spirit, so instead of selling the house, her friend's children lived there. Now, these four bishounen are part of her plan to restore Sunako into being a proper lady. What mayhem will ensue?!

That's what I've got from the anime so I'm hoping it's the same? The art style is actually good, except for the eyes. I hate the eyes. It's like it's trying to be serious but then it tried to be a shoujo manga by making the eyes bigger. Other than that, I do not have any complaints. I've been ignoring this title for a while now because I did not know about the gist of the story but now that I do, I'm excited to read it. And I have 15 volumes of this series, so it's win win for everybody!

Anyway, it's not a harem where all the guys fall in love with one girl but it's more like these guys are helping this girl into being a lady. I'll be getting more of this series since I have 15, I might as well get the remaining volumes that Del Rey Manga has published. Can't wait to review the first volume for you guys!

That's it for today so I hope to see you tomorrow for a nice review! Ja ne!

No comments:

Post a Comment