Saturday, February 15, 2014

Manga in the Mail: 24

Super cheap and in great condition. I found them and I'm surprised no one paid higher than what I was ready to pay. I got this super amazing deal for these volumes:


Blame! Volume 1, Blood: The Last Vampire 2002, Warriors of Tao Volume 1 & 2 and Fullmetal Alchemist Volumes 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5

I was expecting the manga to be in a "Very Good" condition since most of the manga I buy are like that, except for this one. I was surprised to see them so clean and so taken care of that they are basically like new with only a little shelfwear. They haven't even been yellowed (yeah, manga does yellow over time but that depends on how you take care of them!)



Why did I decide to buy this? Mostly for BLAME! and BLOOD: The Last Vampire 2002. I didn't care much about the extras but since they were in the lot, I calculated them in my purchase price. See, Blood is originally an animated film which then spawned the mangas (both the one I have and the others--popularly known as Blood+, Blood+ Adagio and Blood-C which were all anime series at first) so I decided to hunt for this volume. I haven't seen the movie yet because I'm currently out of the "vampire craving" (except for Lament of the Lamb) so maybe I'll watch the movie when I get some free time.

As for BLAME! Volume 1 (by Tsutomu Nihei) I love his Biomega series because of the art and the cool SF atmosphere. So I was also looking forward to buying this title. I can say that his art isn't as great like in Biomega but the art is still his signature. You can never go wrong with his works!

 

I haven't seen all of the anime (I'm currently on ep. 7 or 8) so I can't say I'm a fan of it. Fullmetal Alchemist is one of those series I feel obligated to see since a lot of people are really serious about this shonen anime and manga. I didn't really care much about Fullmetal Alchemist so I was ready to accept defeat immediately if I don't get it. I don't have much of a shonen appetite these days as I used to so we'll see how this will go. It's probably gonna be a while before I read this, because I don't want to remember the anime while I read this. It gets repetitive if I do that and I'll lose my drive to read all of it.

 

Warriors of Tao, I don't have prior knowledge to this series so I can't really say anything about it. From what I've seen though, it looks like a horrors/sci-fi manga. The cover of Volume 1 shows a teenage boy having some sort of mutation on his left hand. I'm expecting something like Tokko (by Tohru Fujisawa) from this series. Hopefully it's not boring and it doesn't have any Chinese history related stuff in it (since the title has Tao in it) because I don't like the Chinese/Mongol history. I just don't like their romanticized history.

Anyway, that's my post Mail post in a long while. I got more that I haven't posted about but since this is a good break from the Weekly! posts I've been doing most of the time, I decided to write this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment