Monday, February 10, 2014

Weekly! All you need is Kill 4

My prayers have been answered! MORE OF LIETENANT SHASTA RAYLLE!!! Nerds will always be nerds, give her something with a ton of data in exchange for her building a GIANT BATTLEAXE! This is a short chapter so I'm going to keep it real short.

(I'm not posting these random magazine covers with semi-nude girls. These are the actual cover for Weekly Young Jump where All you need is Kill is published.)

I'm kinda late on this but it's better late than never! College is not my best friend when I'm trying to keep a manga review blog.

Previously on: All you need is Kill 3: He begins training with Sergeant Bartolome and has since been killed 12 times. He has been experimenting with different weapons but his weapon of choice has become the piledriver. However, the piledriver needs ammo and can only have 20 per weapon. Desperate to survive, Keiji infiltrates the base's R&D department to ask Shasta Raylle to make him a battleaxe like Rita's.

Spoiler Alert! If you are gonna read this post, please read the actual manga first!

Summary: Shasta Raylle, a genius mechanic who is the personal mechanic of Rita. Keiji and Shasta talk about making a battleaxe. Shasta denies Keiji's request to make a battleaxe for him, however, Keiji has an ace up his sleeve; an external hard drive! She tells him that it's useless and it'll only get him killed because only Rita has mastered the weapon. We then see how badass Rita is (again?) through Shasta's words.

Leaked Behind-the-Scenes photos!

The battleaxe weighs about 200KG, therefore the weilder of this axe needs to be careful or else they'll crush their own body. Apparently, Rita is the only one; among the elite soldiers, who can use the battleaxe. According to Shasta, Rita's first words to her was about being grateful to be born in a warring world.

Cold?

Keiji explains why he wants a battleaxe (which is explained in the last chapter, click here!) Shasta finds him to be interesting and finally lets up a little and helps Keiji build a battleaxe. She then notices the number on Keiji's hand and he explains it as marking a date with a branding iron, however, she brushes it off as Keiji's girlfriend's birthday.

He's... trying his best to keep up...

After much talk and waiting, his battleaxe is completed. We end with Keiji getting ready for training with his giant battleaxe in his hand.

Useless upgrade.

Likes: The giant battleaxe. Last chapter, I was just joyous about Shasta's appearance but I'm over that now. Who doesn't like a giant battleaxe?

DAT HYOUKA REFERENCE!

Dislikes: Rita's attitude about this war on mimics. People are dying Rita! Why are you grateful for this awful time? I'm just guessing here but I think Rita had a rough childhood where she was always told how "useless" she was and now that the war happened, she becomes the killing machine that was molded inside of her.

Tons of doujinshi about ErenxLevy. True story.

Quirks: What's inside that external hard drive? Let me put pictures of my guesses.

What is this? A four panel gag manga?!

Predictions: No need for this, for next time will be another Weekly! post of All you need is Kill! YAY!!!

These chapter covers are real. They are just Rotoscoped.

Hopefully the scanlator group keeps up with the steady schedule so I can be ready to review this series every week. As college gets in the way more, I need fast posts to keep this site alive! I am but one person, so please forgive me if I don't post anything for a day! :(

Extras I made that don't fit! Enjoy my "boring" hardwork!

DAT D-FRAG REFERENCE!!

DAT HATARAKU MAOU-SAMA REFERENCE!

No comments:

Post a Comment