Saturday, February 1, 2014

Manga in the Mail: 23

Miwa Ueda, her work on Papillon (Hana to Chou = Flower and Butterfly) is just amazing. It was the first shoujo manga that I've ever fallen in love with. Now, I'm on the hunt for her work Peach Girl, both the original release by Tokyopop and the re-release by the same publisher (the only difference is that the first one was flipped [meaning that they were mirrored and read from left to right instead of right to left.])


 

Reason: After reading Papillon (I have the complete run published by Del Rey Manga), I really wanted to read more of her works so I'm looking for more of her works. Sadly, this huge package didn't come with "Peach Girl: Sae's Story" when it was written in the description of the auction. Moving on from my bitter experience, I found that Miwa Ueda worked on a title called "Peach Girl" and it is released by Tokyopop. After learning about Peach Girl, I found out that they have two releases. It even has a box set, for god's sake! I need to collect those box sets, especially now that some are still  in circulation and some still have them new and shrink wrapped.

 

I don't really have a solid reason to get this series but I really just like Papillon that I want to collect more of her works. Repetitive? Yep.

First Impressions: Ganguro girl has a complex? No, really, she's tan with bleached hair, that's just Ganguro. I still believe in Miwa Ueda! I believe that she's gonna pull a good story with this! Actually, the Ganguro style is kinda cute if done right.

Hopes: I hope that it lives up to my expectations. A great story, great art and a girl with real problems. Slice-of-life shoujo manga are usually my cup-of-tea so yeah...

No comments:

Post a Comment