Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Haul 1: December 20, 2013

I just had this idea of a new segment where I post what I physical bought at a bookstore. My wallet is literally crying right now. I kind of regret this purchase because it ate up a lot more than what I was thinking of spending. Here we go.

bee-tee-dubs, 1 more night and it's Christmas Day! Send me some manga! (A guy with a blog can wish right?)





From left to right, top to bottom:
xxxHolic Volumes 15 & 16, Negima! Magister Negi Magi Volume 24, 26 & 28, Wild @ Heart (The Complete Series Omnibus) and Hell Girl Volume 7, 8 & 9 Omnibus



Okay, so these are what I bought that cost about ~$27. They are overstocks that the bookstore I went to have because that's all they sell there, overstocks. Awesome. So these are new... ish with shelf wear of course. I can justify each volume's price but all together in one purchase, I might have spent too much.

For the omnibuses I bought, I think $4 - $5 is enough but of course, they needed to add 99 cents. Awesome sauce! Not.

For the regular volumes, ~$2 is okay. But come on, please round it up to 3 if you're gonna put tax over it and then a broken dollar on top. :(

Yuuko & Watanuki

xxxHolic Volumes 15 & 16: I like the anime series so I'm hoping to collect every volume Del Rey published before they went down. It's about Japanese mythology and then some. I really like the stories they present in the anime as they are interested and new to me.

Negi and his class, and then some.

Negima! Magister Negi Magi Volume 24, 26 & 28: I like Negima, it's a fun series with a lot of action that doesn't really say action but "play." It's about a young wizard and his life as a teacher. It's a mix of magic, fantasy, school girls and school girls. Did I mention school girls?

Wild @ Heart (The Complete Series Omnibus): This title is by Natsumi Ando who is one of the mangakas that I know. She made Zodiac P.I. and that series was a little hard to read for me because it's mainly for girls but I do like the story and I enjoyed it. I'm here trying this out because I feel like I don't have much shoujo in my collection.

Jigoku Shoujo and friends.

Hell Girl Volume 7, 8 & 9 Omnibus: I read two chapters online and I was hooked and angry. Why am I angry you ask? Well, first off, the characters are really good at pissing you off. I was pissed off at the first story's villain so I was really hook. I like characters like those. The characters that really get you feeling angry, sad, happy and the other primary emotions.

There you have it, my rant and my explanation. Sorry I'm a cheap person (money-wise) but I really like the titles I got. I'm feeling regret and joy at the same time. Doushio!?

I'm gonna review Limit some time next week so watch out for that shoujo title!

No comments:

Post a Comment