Thursday, December 26, 2013

Manga in the Mail: 10

I got this along with my order of a crappy MP3 Player. I'm loving one the first one I'm gonna mention and I'm really stoked to read the second one.



Kingyo Used Books Volume 1 and Blade of the Immortal Volume 1


Kingyo Used Books Volume 1: This manga is about a bookstore that sells used manga (hits close to home right?!) I love the episodic story telling, it tells people's different stories but it still revolves around the used book store. If there was a used manga book store, then I would always be there. I really don't care about the condition of manga as long as it doesn't have dampstains or is in only acceptable condition. Other than that, I'm not really choosy about the condition of the manga. I'm also thinking about doing a used manga store. Wouldn't that be awesome?! I doubt that the publishing companies would ignore that though, but hey, I'm spreading the otaku culture by doing that. That's all there is to it really. I will review this as soon as I finish this volume.

Blade of the Immortal Volume 1: People are really recommending this manga. I heard it's a really good "feudal-Japan," "samurai" type story so I got it. I really liked Path of the Assassin by Kazuo Koike (art by Goseki Kojima) and I thought I would pick this up. Apparently, this manga is about a character killing people to collect a thousand blades. I'm not too sure but I will read it soon, and by soon, I mean 2 or so months from now. Anyway, I like the art so far because it's mature, serious and dark.

Hopefully, you can enjoy these titles too! Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment