Saturday, December 28, 2013

Manga in the Mail: 11

Arisa said, "What a Wonderful World!" because she's part of MANGA IN THE MAIL! OOHHH SNAP! ERMEHGERD!

The first five volumes of Arisa by Natsumi Ando (other works: Zodiac P.I., Wild @ Heart and Kitchen Princess)

Arisa Volume 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5: I don't know much about the story, it was an impulse buy, kind of. As I said in my "Haul" post that I like Natsumi Ando's Zodiac P.I. That was an old shoujo manga but she did pull off a series. I could not judge her work based on what I remembered because I was not in the mood for shoujo anymore at that time so I might have given it a poor grading. That said, I did get through the 4 volume title, though it was slow. My first impression as of reading the synopsis on a manga website, I find that the two titles (Zodiac P.I. and Arisa) have the same mystery element playing. I'm not into mystery really, except for those that kill off people in gory and graphic ways.

The story is about two sisters (identical twins) separated at birth. They promised to write each other after their parents' divorce. Now Arisa attempted suicide because of some secret that Tsubasa doesn't know about. Arisa is in a coma and Tsubasa is bent on finding out why her sister had attempted to commit suicide.

That's the gist I got through reading the synopsis. I have two new Natsumi Ando works, I hope I don't have a hard time reading them. Anyway, the reviews are probably not gonna be shown until late January because I'm not sure when I'll have the time to read them. Anyways, cheers and have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment