Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Manga in the Mail: 3

The second pair of volumes in my recent manga haul: 12-09-2013




Countdown 7 Days Volume 1 and Lovephobia Volume 1



I've been gambling with these two, because before I bought these two, I really thought that these two might be Yaoi mangas (slang for male-to-male relationships, Boy's Love manga however, differs from Yaoi as BL sounds more like a playful thing rather than a hardcore, sexual relationship between men.) I had this predetermined thought because Digital Manga Publishing has a lot of Yaoi titles. I do own one of their titles "Enchanter" which is an undoubtedly shounen manga (with all the fan-service.)

Countdown 7 Days, the reason I picked this title is because it has a unique art style. It gives the same vibes as Death Note and is serious enough to make me take it even if there might be some implied BL or what not.

Lovephobia, I have the same reason for picking this up, the art style. Also, I haven't picked-up any romance stories in a while so I tried this one.

For these two, I really did not take the synopsis of the story seriously. I was on an art appreciation spree so I guess that sums it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment