Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Manga in the Mail: 4

The third pair of volumes I got in the mail: 12-08-2013.



Black Jack Volume 4 and Ray Volume 1



Black Jack Volume 4, I saw this volume as I was browsing the online store. I said to myself, "Hey, this is cheap! I should get it." I searched for more volumes of this title from the store but to no avail. Well, it's an investment I'm willing to take so I ordered it. This is my first Tezuka title and it feels like a trip back to the manga boom. Tezuka's work reminds me of the really old, black & white Mickey Mouse animation. You can see the influence that Disney had on Tezuka and his works. Hopefully I get volume 1 so I can start reading.

Ray Volume 1 looks like a mangaka's take on western comics. I don't have anything from the story but it seems like it's belongs to the sci-fi genre. Would have loved more to say but for now, I'll leave it at that.

I'm starting to feel like I have too much first volumes of new titles I get than I can keep up with. When I can't get more volumes out of a title (which is months for me), I forget what the story is about and I feel like I would need to re-read the series from the start. I have that problem with Biomega so I'm gonna read it now and review it.

No comments:

Post a Comment