Sunday, December 8, 2013

Now Reading: 4

More now reading posts! This time, it's a horror manga!


Read this at school and I was feeling "I don't have anything to do, so I'm gonna read this even though I can't concentrate" while I was reading this. The perfect atmosphere to be reading this is in a closed room with only a lamp beside you. You need earplugs to silence any noise from the outside world. Then, prepare for a thrill ride!

Scary Book Volume 1: Reflections contains two stories; The Mirror and The Demon of Vengeance.

I have read 3/4 of "The Mirror" so this will be based off of that. The mirror is a story about Emi who is a really beautiful girl who is kind of a narcissist. She loves looking at herself in the mirror. In one stormy night, the mirror cracked and along with it, an evil presence comes to life. Emi is soon haunted by this presence, slowly destroying her life.

Art: The art is outdated but it doesn't lose it's eerie-ness. It looks like the early mangas published and it is. You can see the early Disney influence here.

This is such a good read if I had the right atmosphere at the time I began reading it. It's chilling to know that you might be just a mere reflection of a mirror. Who's the original? Who is the real YOU?!

Hopefully this story ends perfect. I'm expecting some insanity from Emi as she is now...

No. This is not Emi. Or is she?

2 comments:

  1. I never knew you had a blog. I'll definitely support this. Great blog with all sorts of stuff. It gives me something awesome to read when I come home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! I just started it days ago. I really like to review manga but if I post reviews on famous sites, I either get trolled on or insulted so yeah. Thanks! I appreciate your view!

      Delete