Sunday, December 8, 2013

Now Reading: 3

I admit, for the past 3-4 months, I have developed a sort of ADD for manga. I read more than 3 volumes simultaneously (as in reading another title while not finishing the other ones) nowadays. So I still have 5 or more volumes to put up.


This is my second yuri manga title so I might be a little hard on this one. Please do consider that I have not finished this volume yet and this is just a partial of what I think. Hope you keep reading.

Strawberry Panic: The Complete Manga Collection. I think this omnibus contains two regular volumes. It's about the Etoile (French for star, googled it) Competition and it's participants. It explores the relationships of the participants in this competition. This is a yuri manga (slang for female-to-female relationship) and it is totally weird for me.

I'm totally weirded out in manga, because girls are acting like boys but still retain the "maiden" part of their personality. I'm not against same-sex relationships but this is just awkward. The relationship of "seme to uke" (Japanese for "top and bottom") feels so forced that I people can call it sexual harassment.

This is a catholic school kind of environment and these girls are just sexually frustrated that you feel like the elephant in the room. I'm not a hater, I'm just saying that this is awkward. I love the art style, I like the plot, I just don't like how girls are treated here.

I would like to finish this as soon as I have the time so I can move on from the awkwardness.

No comments:

Post a Comment