Saturday, December 14, 2013

Manga in the Mail: 6

I've received three volumes in my mailbox back at the 10th of December. Here they are!


Blood Alone Volume 1, Full Metal Panic Volume 1 and Genshiken Volume 5


Blood Alone Volume 1: I've been eyeing this for a while now. After reading the first four volumes of Dance in the Vampire Bund, I was inspired to buy more of the vampire subgenre. I'm loving the story of vampires and the underground world (crime syndicates, mafias, gangs and other underground groups). The art is interesting too, I like the feel that it gives, simple yet so complicated. It's hard to explain the art but I'm really loving it! Maybe I'll review that next just to refresh my memory a bit (Dance in the Vampire Bund review soon?). 

Full Metal Panic Volume 1: This is an adaptation of the light novel series of the same name. The manga came out first and then the anime adaptation followed. The story is about a girl who has repressed memories of experimentation and now Sousuke Sagara is in charge of protecting and saving the girl--Kaname Chidori. I've seen 11 episodes and I think it's a decent one. I'm planning on getting more volumes so I don't have to wait a long time after finishing the first one.

Genshiken Volume 5: I couldn't stop thinking about Oguie and now I have more memories of her, albeit, only a dozen pages. Well, the story continues as Sasahara and gang get ready for ComiFest to sell their doujinshi (for those who don't know, doujinshi are self-published, short manga or a picture book drawn by indie artists). Problems come their way and surprise cosplay by... someone. I'm gonna review this as soon as I end the others! Can't wait.

Cosplay by someone.... Pfffftttt...

Anyway, these are three that came in and I'm gonna release the other stuff so you don't have to wait much longer for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment