Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Manga in the Mail: 14

If vampires were real, this is the closest depiction of the mythical creatures.



Lament of the Lamb Volume 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5



Well, I really like this series. I've purchased the first 3 volumes before and I read this too fast.

The series is about a young man who has inherited a strange disease. He feels like a wild animal when he sees blood and he also has some withdrawal pain (much like that of a drug addict) recently. He meets his sister back in his old house and their dark journey begins.

So basically, this is a vampire title (like I said.) The way this is different is that it's actually plausible and some kind of infection. It's a disease, a mutation if you will. It's interesting in a medical kind of way. If vampirism is ever a real thing, this would be it. The way they portray the modern vampire is amazing. This is not a horror manga but more of a shounen-drama manga. It tells about the hardships of being stricken with this strange blood disease.



What hooked me in was the cover art for the series. I think it's water color or oil based paint. When you look at them, they look unimpressive but when you actually look at the contents, it's definitely different. It's dark, it's raw, it's what you would expect from a vampire story. None of that sparkly crap. This is what horror manga should be. This sets up a dark atmosphere and the art just complements it so well.

I'm definitely reviewing this series as I will start re-reading this series from the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment