Thursday, January 9, 2014

Manga in the Mail: 15

Since I love Suenobu-sensei's Limit, I bought her other work: Life. I've only read the first few pages online and with a box cutter and a bloody arm greeting me, I was sold! Suenobu-sensei sure knows how to make a dark shoujo manga! I'm excited to read it!


 
 

Life Volumes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6

It's another shoujo manga my dear readers! What can we expect?



So this is a serious shoujo manga addressing what? Desperation? Maybe. Betrayal? Maybe. The truth is, I don't know. I just picked this up because it's Suenobu-sensei's work. I liked her Limit series so I took the risk and bought what I can (I still need volumes 7, 8 & 9 since I didn't have enough cash to buy 7 & 8.)

According to the synopsis, our main character has trouble with her tests despite her intelligence. She gets help from a friend and fortunately (or unfortunately?), she passed one of the acceptance test for the high school of their choice. Her friend didn't make it to her first choice school and thus our main character is left alone. With sadness and loneliness looming, our main character cuts her wrists for a minute fix for the negative feelings. She finds a new friend but is she really our main character's friend?

Okay, that is intense. I get how emotional these shoujo manga can be but there has got to be more than that. I'm expecting dark themes from this series. Some nice issues to overcome would be nice.

Sorry for this Mail post being short. I promise to give you more for today so wait for 5pm! See you later! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment