Saturday, January 11, 2014

Wishlist: Mahou Shoujo of the End

This is a weird one to ask for since it's not popular and it's not licensed to be published here in the US. It's about magical girls but not exactly what you think. It's not about Sailor Moon or Meruru, it's more like Attack on Titan but without the human eating and more on the killing of humans.

Nope. Not this kind of Mahou Shoujo.

Warning! This title contains graphic violence, gore, a ton of blood and cute but deadly Magical Girls!


Mahou Shoujo of the End (Magical Girl of the End) is by the mangaka; Sato Kentaro, who created this world where every character is not safe from death. Now for the story.

In a similar world like ours, a teenage boy named Kogami Kii, lives his life like a happy go lucky student would. He goes with the flow, doesn't try to be a hero to a bullied kid, he's sloppy with his uniform and most of all, he's just another guy you wouldn't remember after two years. Suddenly, his life changed when a strange creature, most likely from a cartoon shows up in front of the school gates.

She's so cute isn't she? Guess again...

This creature is one of the many that has invaded Earth after falling from the sky. If you thought the Titans (Attack on Titan) or the zombies (in 28 Days Later [fast zombies are a whole other level]) are scary, you should read this manga! The mangaka made these cute lolita looking doll-creatures so deadly that humanity does not even stand a chance against these 3 foot demons. They are made for the eradication of human beings in this world (what I meant is their deadliness and not the real purpose of this creatures.)

On to the story again! Kogami saw the aforementioned creature blowing up his teacher's head into smithereens and thought of it as a dream. After excusing himself for a toilet break, he goes back to his classroom to find his whole class brutally massacred. His classmates, ripped apart, blown up, sliced in half and torn to pieces.

My words can't describe such an awesome and gruesome image.

He sees his crush and tries to save her, which he does, albeit, only for a second.

Sorry. I had to cut out the unimportant PARTS.

He wanted to go back to his world, the regular boring old world but it's too late for that now. Surviving is his only option now. He now lives in a world of terror and death. Where everything is black and surrounded by endless death.

After that short but graphic story, what do you think?

I know right?! It's amazing! It's over-the-top gore and graphic violence! I love it! Now you know why I really want to have this! Sadly, it's not published here... yet. I think the audience for this manga is really small because of the gore but I think Gantz was way more graphic than this (anatomically correct gore is just barf-inducing.)

The art is definitely shounen but the content is seinen. The overall art is just dark and full of dark tones (atmosphere and background.) Even though it's funny, I think this is just as serious as any seinen series out there.

And that's the end of my rant. I think Yen Press, Viz or Dark Horse should pick this up. I don't think Vertical or Kodansha could carry this series. I think this series will definitely sell and it would be a cult classic with manga readers. The Puella Magi Madoka Magika (which I really haven't seen so I'm sorry for referencing this) is a hit among otakus so I think this would be an even bigger hit if it ever becomes an anime or becomes published here in America.

Anyway, I hope you liked my choice for this Wishlist and if you have this on your wishlist too, please do tell me on the comment section down below! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment