Sunday, December 15, 2013

Manga in the Mail: 7

These are kind of the leftovers from the last big haul and a floating one. (What's floating?!)




Wolf God Volume 1 and Variante Volume 1



Wolf God Volume 1: It reminds me of the an anime movie that I have never watched: Blood: The Last Vampire. At first, I thought the character in the cover art is the main character of that movie. I'm sorry if I sound really stupid with making such a big mistake. Anyway, it's a shounen manga with some kind of supernatural thing going on. I don't even know what this is about but I bought it anyway as it was the last "new" one for really cheap.

Variante Volume 1: Months, I have been wanting to have this title. When I saw this I was interested in it and I google'd it and I like what I saw. A girl's hand with a mind of it's own. It felt like one of those really good titles that gives you a chill along with glee.

I love the theme of death. I know it's morbid and kind of taboo but I'm really interested in those kinds of things. I like to talk about the different heavens of each religion or religion in general. I'm really curious about the afterlife. Would we just cease to exist? Would we be stuck in a void forever? Would we all be in heaven? Is there a hell? Do supra-human beings exist? Those kinds of questions stir my curiosity.

What does that have to do with both the titles? Well, it's really a dense explanation but Variante gave me the feeling of death, because of the google search I did. One of the images showed the character in the cover art slitting words in her forearm, in a bathroom.

Too morbid? Sorry. I'm just really into these kinds of these but not always. Anyway, that ends all of my past hauls. I'm gonna start with the packages I received today (Well, technically it's yesterday because it's already 1:47 AM of December 15 as of writing this).

See you on the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment