Thursday, December 19, 2013

Manga in the Mail: 9

Battle Royale, a theme that is gory and is down-right awful. When I think about survival, I think about Bear Grylls. *Crickets chirping* Just kidding.

Let's do that again. When I think about survival, I think about the human instinct. The basic command of finding food, water and shelter. If a situation deals you with more people, it becomes a disaster. You can live by yourself and survive by yourself if you are extra careful. Adding people into the survival mix is gonna get you killed sooner or later. Why? Conflicts, self-preservation, lies and other stuff that people can do for their own survival. That's what made me buy this series. Ladies and gentleman, I present to you: Limit.



Limit is a story about the character in the cover art and her classmates. A whole class is wiped out, and only a few of them survive including our main character Mizuki Konno. Now, every group wants a leader to pull the hard decisions, to take the blame of a mistake and to be the responsible one who needs to look over the group's members. Have you ever read the book "Lord of the Flies?" I haven't. (Please laugh at that. I'm literally starving and a laugh would really help.) But I know the gist of it, they become savages without any parental guidance or any kind of authority to stop them from doing evil acts.

As I have only read the synopsis, I figure that the survival style of Lord of the Flies would happen here. (I'm not sexist or anything, but this is a good point.) What's more, the surviving members are women. There will be disputes and fights over petty stuff or even just plain jealousy.




Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, this is a shoujo manga. YES. A SHOUJO MANGA. This title (if it really works as advertised) might be the bridge that close the gap that separates shounen manga readers from their preconceived thoughts about shoujo manga.

How will each survivor react in this situation? How will they survive? This is my first impression on this series so I might be wrong on the story or wrong on the whole alpha review of it. Let me know what you think in the comments down below! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment