Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Manga in the Mail: 8

So, I just received a huge package containing 13 volumes of manga and 2 light novels. Then there's another package with a complete set. I'll reveal the bigger of the two and put a first impressions on them. Here we go!



Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad Volume 1 and 2


After watching the anime recently, I've been watching for at least two of more of this title. The anime is drawn much better than this. I've only read 1/3 of volume 1 so my judgement may be skewered but its drawn to be comical. The art style is definitely within the time that this was published, the year 2000. It's unrefined and has the feeling of a gag manga that expresses a serious plot. It resembles GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka in a lot of ways.


Maoh Juvenile Remix Volume 1

This is a title that I've seen in a bookstore a lot of times, the problem is, they only have volume 2. I wanted to buy it but without knowing what happens in volume 1 doesn't secure the satisfaction of the purchase so I held back and let it go. I was interested in it because it felt like it was somehow psychological. I haven't read it yet and I don't want to look at it yet because I'm gonna start reading that and I'll be bogged down with unfinished volumes. So yeah, I like the art. Very shounen but somehow it shows a hint of shoujo in it. I'm not sure but yeah, These are the first two titles of the haul. Hope you like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment