Sunday, January 12, 2014

Review: Arisa Volume 2

More shoujo goodness! Yes, the second volume of my first shoujo series this new year! Well, not really the new year but let's just say the winter season. Iko yo!


So, I've finished this volume last year but because of my confusion on my college schedule (I literally thought my classes start the 7th of January so I was freaking out) and laziness that I didn't really bother to review this until now. Forgive me okay?

Gomenasai!



Story so far: Tsubasa and Arisa, twins separated after their parents' divorce. They meet for the first time after three years but Arisa committed suicide due to unknown reasons. Fortunately, Arisa only sustained minor injuries but has subconsciously chosen to remain asleep. Tsubasa is now investigating the reason for Arisa's actions as she disguises herself as Arisa.

Tsubasa later learns about the "KING TIME" where students allot time within their study hall for a wishing game. Someone called the "King" grants one wish from the class even if it means making a person disappear. Tsubasa suspects that King Time has something to do with Arisa's suicide. She has a primary suspect for who the King really is and she plans to stop him/her from continuing this vicious cycle known as King Time.

 Iiiiiiittttt'ssssss KING TIME!!!!

Arisa Volume 2: (by Natsumi Ando) Tsubasa confronts Manabe as she suspects him of being the King but the truth comes out and she learns that Arisa played a big role in King Time. A couple more of wishes were granted including an accident to halt the sports day. The next King Time was altered as to limit the people who were able to submit wishes and this time, it has become more dangerous than it currently is.

Okay, I didn't give away a lot because this volume is really hard to summarize. I don't want to spoil anything so there you have it! Sorry for that! I'm thinking of leaving out the Art and Panels section as I don't want to sound repetitive (saves me a lot of time too.) If you still want to hear my opinions about those two sections, then click here so you can read about them!

Story: My interest in the story is still high because we see more characters and their story. The "King" hasn't been found yet and a lot of characters end up being on the suspect list. We know a lot more about Arisa, we get to see what kind of person Manabe is and we get to see how King Time started. It's getting better as we move on to the new King Time but until that, I'm gonna say we're still on the introductory phase.

Characters: As Tsubasa learns more about Manabe, we get to see her trusting side through her telling Manabe about Arisa's condition. Since his introduction, we thought of Manabe as a villain but it turns out that he is one of the good guys that cares about the victims of King Time. We also get to see more of Arisa's boyfriend, Midori, who hasn't really come out of his supporting character role yet. And lastly, Mariko. Who doesn't remember her? Her first appearance was terrifying. The look on her face is really scary and we get to see more of her and her schemes. She might be the King for all we know! Anyway, There are a lot of characters that are building up for the next volume so watch out for that!

She's scary! Who wouldn't suspect this girl to be the King?!

Bottomline: Read it. The first half of the volume is still on the introductory phase however, the second part is where it gets a little bumpy (the good kind of bumpy, in terms of plot.) If you're like me, this would be done in one-three sittings to finish it because once you get hooked, you are definitely going to read more and finish it.

Addicting Level: 7/10

I just want to add another section just as a kind of grading system (this is not for the whole series but for only this volume.) Anyway, I hope you stay with me. This time, I'll try to review the three volumes I have consecutively each week. Thanks for reading my review and I hope to see you, my dear readers, next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment